A breakdown of how we make safety our No. 1 priority each day
- More than 1,400 safety professionals work every day to identify and establish safety programming within our operations.
- The term “gemba” is used to refer to the personal observation of work, right where the work is happening, to ensure the safe operation of equipment and processes. Each day, 100,000 gemba walks take place across the network, through each of our process paths to ensure safe handling and operation inside fulfillment centers.
- More than 500 safety start-up meetings launch the beginning of each shift across the fulfillment network.
- At least 300 new ideas and suggestions that have come out of our Safety Leadership Index have been instituted across the network.
- 125,000+ associates work in safe and positive operational environments across North America.