Our hearts go out to all Australians, the country's communities, bushland, and wildlife affected by the devastating bushfires. Using Amazon’s unique logistics and innovative technologies, along with cash donations to support organizations on the front line of relief efforts, Amazon is contributing AU$1million to national efforts to provide relief to communities impacted by this natural disaster.
Support spans three areas of focus:
- Donating needed items to organizations on the front lines, starting today with BlazeAid. In addition to products donated directly by Amazon, customers will be able to donate items requested by BlazeAid, through the nonprofit's charity wish list. The donated products, including water, food, safety clothing, building materials, and more, have been specifically requested by BlazeAid as essential to aid their volunteers in the recovery efforts.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is providing in-kind technical support for many of the government agencies dealing with the response and recovery efforts including Geoscience and Digital Earth Australia, the Bureau of Meteorology, and state agencies such as Land Gate (WA), the Rural Fire Service (NSW), Fires Near Me app, SAFECOM (SA), and the South Australian Department Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure.
- Providing cash donations to relief agencies including the Australian Red Cross, the Salvation Army Australia, WIRES, and Rural and Country Fire Services.
Customers who wish to donate essential items to the relief effort can do so by visiting Amazon.com.au and shopping from the wish list specifically created by BlazeAid. Amazon will deliver these items to BlazeAid's nominated destinations. Additional charity wish lists will be added in the days to come with thousands of items available to order.
How to donate items from BlazeAid’s wish list:
- Browse the wish list
- Click "add to basket"
- Continue shopping or proceed to checkout
- Select the wish list location to deliver to (actual delivery address will be hidden)
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete your order
We are amazed and humbled by the individuals, organizations, and agencies leading the response and recovery efforts across Australia. We are proud to be part of a strong community.