Amazon Music kicks off 2020 by revealing the streaming service has reached more than 55 million customers globally, with subscriptions to Amazon Music Unlimited growing by more than 50% last year alone. This announcement comes after a year of incredible growth around the world: Amazon Music has grown nearly 50% year-over-year across the U.S., UK, Germany, and Japan and has more than doubled in our newer countries such as France, Italy, Spain, and Mexico. In the second half of 2019, Amazon Music also launched in Brazil and introduced Amazon Music HD, which brings music fans the highest-quality audio available for streaming, as well as an ad-supported tier of service in the U.S., UK, and Germany.
We’re excited to bring our customers and the music industry even more innovation in 2020 and beyond.
"We’re proud to reach this incredible milestone and are overwhelmed by our customers’ response to Amazon Music," said Steve Boom, VP of Amazon Music. "Our strategy is unique and, like everything we do at Amazon, starts with our customers. We've always been focused on expanding the marketplace for music streaming by offering music listener's unparalleled choice because we know that different listeners have different needs. As we continue to lead in our investment in voice with Alexa, and in high-quality audio with Amazon Music HD, we're excited to bring our customers and the music industry even more innovation in 2020 and beyond."
Customers can choose the plan that works best for them:
- Starting at just $12.99/month, customers in the U.S., UK, Germany and Japan can stream the highest-quality audio on Amazon Music HD, and hear their favorite music the way the artist intended. And for a limited time, Amazon Music subscribers can upgrade to Amazon Music HD for 90 days at no additional cost, and new subscribers can receive a 90-day free trial. Learn more.
- Prime members have access to two million songs at no additional cost to their membership, and for only $7.99/month or $79/year can upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited.
- With the Single device plan, customers can subscribe to Amazon Music Unlimited at $3.99/month to access more than 50 million songs on their Fire TV or Echo device.
- The Family plan allows six family members to access Amazon Music Unlimited for $14.99/month, or $149/year for Prime members.
- And, customers who do not yet have a Prime membership, or a subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited, can listen to an ad-supported selection of top playlists and thousands of stations for free on their favorite devices.