Update: Amazon will wind down AmazonSmile by February 20, 2023. Learn more. As of December 2022, AmazonSmile has donated more than $449 million globally to charitable organizations since its launch in 2013.
When you shop using AmazonSmile, you'll find the same Amazon storefront you know and love, with the added bonus that AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the eligible purchase price to the charity of your choice, at no additional cost.
Below are the steps to get started on your desktop and mobile devices.
How to sign up for AmazonSmile
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (≡)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
How to register and receive donations for your 501(c)(3) charitable organization*
- Visit https://org.amazon.com/
- Click the yellow “Register Now” button
- Search for your organization by name or EIN
- Click the yellow “Register” button next to your organization’s name
- Follow the instructions to complete registration
*In order to register and receive donations, you must be an official representative of an eligible organization and meet eligibility requirements.