Over the last decade as a practicing pulmonologist, I have seen patients with chronic diseases struggle to get access to the basic medications they need to live their lives well. Navigating insurance can be a maze and getting to the pharmacy a burden. Sometimes that has led to poor outcomes: New medications don’t get filled, refills don’t get picked up, and patients suffer. Aspects of our health care system make what should be easy, difficult. It’s why I feel so fortunate to be a part of the change that Amazon Pharmacy is helping to bring to this space.
We are excited to introduce RxPass, a new Prime membership benefit from Amazon Pharmacy that provides patients with affordable access to generic medications that treat more than 80 common health conditions for just $5 a month. With RxPass, Prime members can get as many eligible medications as they need for one flat, low fee of $5 and have them conveniently delivered free to their door. It’s estimated that more than 150 million Americans take one or more of the medications available through the RxPass monthly subscription. RxPass is our latest effort to help patients save time, save money, and stay healthy. It’s available now to customers in most U.S. states. A full list of eligibility criteria can be found at Amazon Pharmacy.
Addressing common conditions
Nearly half of adults take two or more medications each day, and one quarter of adults say they find it difficult to afford the medications they need. Amazon Pharmacy is tackling these challenges by making medications more accessible, affordable, and convenient. RxPass helps patients manage common health conditions—high blood pressure, anxiety, or acid reflux, for example—by providing reliable access to commonly prescribed medications, delivered with the ease and support customers expect from Amazon.
Simply visit the Amazon Pharmacy website or app to sign up. If patients have questions, Amazon pharmacists or support staff are on hand 24/7, available to discuss medications and coordinate with a patient’s doctor. Plus, patients do not use health insurance with RxPass, so they don’t need to worry about deductibles or copays—it’s a flat $5 monthly add-on to Prime membership. If the customer’s prescription medication needs change, they can easily cancel the service at any time.
More ways to save time and money
RxPass is the newest benefit available for Prime members. Prime membership offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment to make life every day more convenient, budget-friendly, and fun. In the U.S. that includes free, fast delivery on millions of items, unlimited streaming of movies and series like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and live sports like Thursday Night Football with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 100 million songs and millions of podcast episodes with Amazon Music, prescription medications as low as $1 per month and free two-day shipping from Amazon Pharmacy, ultrafast Fresh grocery delivery, in-store savings on select groceries at Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market stores across the U.S., unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, free gaming benefits with Prime Gaming, more than 3,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, Buy with Prime, which offers Prime shopping benefits like fast, free delivery, a seamless checkout experience, and easy returns on online stores beyond Amazon.com, and exclusive deals and shopping events like Prime Day. Members can now also enjoy a free, one-year Grubhub+ membership trial valued at $9.99 per month, offering unlimited $0 delivery fees on orders over $12.
Prime members can easily add RxPass from Amazon Pharmacy to their monthly subscription by visiting the Amazon website or app. Signing up is simple, and members can cancel the subscription service at any time. For more information about RxPass from Amazon Pharmacy, visit amazon.com/rxpass.
- How do I know if my medications are included within the RxPass subscription?An RxPass subscription provides access to commonly prescribed generic medications that treat more than 80 health conditions. To determine whether a prescription medication is part of the RxPass program, simply search for the name of the prescription on the Amazon Pharmacy website, which can be accessed on Amazon.com or the Amazon app. Eligible medications are clearly labeled, view the full list.
- Is it $5 per medication?No. With RxPass from Amazon Pharmacy, Prime members never pay more than $5 a month in total to have all of their eligible medications delivered to their door for free. All medications require a valid prescription. The flat fee is an add-on to Prime membership.
- How often will my medications be delivered?Depending on their prescription, RxPass members will have the choice to have their medications delivered on either a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Can I use my insurance with RxPass?With RxPass, customers don’t need to use their insurance at all. It’s a simple flat fee—$5 a month—and it’s added to their monthly Prime membership. For other medication needs, Amazon Pharmacy accepts most insurance plans.
- Who can use RxPass?Prime members in most U.S. states can sign up to use RxPass today. Customers who are enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or any other government health care program will not be able to enroll in RxPass; however, they can still use their government insurance to fill prescriptions at Amazon Pharmacy.
- How is RxPass different from the Prime prescription savings benefit?Available only at Amazon Pharmacy, RxPass is a $5 monthly subscription add-on that lets Prime members purchase multiple generic medications for one flat fee. Prime members can still use the Prime prescription savings benefit to save when paying for other prescription medications at Amazon Pharmacy without insurance, as well as at over 60,000 other participating pharmacies nationwide.