Note: Prime Day 2023 has ended but Prime Big Deal Days is going on now through October 11! Be sure to follow along for live updates from the first day of Amazon Prime Big Deal Days, happening now!
Prime is savings, convenience, and entertainment, all in a single membership. And with Amazon’s annual Prime Day event, Prime members access amazing deals on products from top national brands and small business sellers across categories—from fashion and electronics to toys and home. Here's everything you need to know about Amazon's biggest deal event of the year.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon's deal event exclusively for Prime members, featuring deals on top brands and small businesses.
Why did Prime Day start? Prime Day was created as a way to celebrate Prime members. The first Prime Day event came to life on Amazon’s 20th birthday on July 15, 2015.
When is Prime Day?
Prime Day 2023 took place July 11-12. Check back for updates on next year's event.
How can I prepare to find deals on Prime Day?
If you haven't already, be sure to join Prime or start a free trial to participate. Remember, being a Prime member is the only way you’ll be able to access deals and savings on Prime Day.
Some additional ways to prepare include:
- Get the newsletter: If you’re already a Prime member and have chosen to opt in to receiving emails, look out for the Prime Insider newsletter in your inbox to keep up with the growing list of member benefits and find updates on deals and events.
- Create deal alerts for personalized recommendations: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now and Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Get deal notifications from Alexa: Prime members never have to worry about missing a deal thanks to Alexa. Prime members can ask Alexa for deal notifications on products added to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later. To get started, just ask, “Alexa, add [product name] to my cart,” and then ask Alexa to notify you about the deal when it’s live.
- Set a reminder: Prime members can tell their Alexa devices, “Remind me when Prime Day starts,” to be alerted when the two-day deals event begins.
What are the best Prime Day deals?
We’re not revealing the best Prime Day 2023 deals just yet. Check back in the upcoming weeks for previews and sneak peeks of the deals you can expect, as well as any early Prime Day deals.
Once Prime Day begins, our team will be live blogging the best deals of the event along with shopping tips and key reminders.
Do you need to be a Prime member to shop the Prime Day sale?
Yes, you must be a Prime member in order to take advantage of all the savings on Prime Day. You can start a free 30-day trial before Prime Day starts, or sign up directly for a full membership.
What countries participate in Prime Day?
In 2022, Prime Day deals were available to Prime members in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, the UK, the U.S., and for the first time ever in Poland and Sweden.
Prime Day deals events were also held in India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as in Egypt for the first time.
What is Prime?
Prime is savings, convenience, and entertainment in one single membership. More than 200 million paid Prime members in 25 countries around the world enjoy access to Amazon’s enormous selection, exceptional value, and fast delivery. In the U.S., anyone can join Prime for $14.99 per month or $139 per year, or start a free 30-day trial if eligible.
In the U.S. that includes free, fast delivery, unlimited access to award-winning movies and series with Prime Video, 100 million songs in shuffle mode and the most ad-free top podcasts available in the Amazon Music app with Amazon Music, free games with Prime Gaming, more than 3,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, exclusive deals and in-store savings at Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market stores across the U.S , and incredible savings with Prime Day. Prime members even receive fast, free delivery on prescriptions from Amazon Pharmacy and prescription savings at more than 60,000 participating pharmacies in the U.S. Explore more benefits you might not know about.
How do you sign up for a Prime membership?
You can join Prime or start a free trial at Amazon Prime Day.
Are there discounted Prime memberships?
Amazon offers two discounted memberships to ensure people in all stages of life can experience Prime’s unparalleled value, including world-class customer service, exclusive savings, expansive selection, convenience, and quality digital entertainment.
- Prime Access: Recipients of qualifying government assistance programs, including EBT and Medicaid, can enjoy all of Prime’s benefits for just $6.99 per month—half the regular cost of a Prime membership. Amazon’s discounted Prime membership also provides additional savings options, such as exclusive deals, coupons, and the ability to subscribe and save on everyday essentials like diapers. Learn more about the discount.
- Prime Student: Designed specifically for higher education students, Prime Student offers all the benefits of Prime for a discounted rate of just $7.49 per month or $69 per year. Prime Student members also enjoy exclusive perks for college life, like a free year of Grubhub+ membership with unlimited delivery, 60% off a Course Hero subscription, and up to 10% off flights and hotels through StudentUniverse. College students who haven’t yet tried Prime Student can sign up for a free 6-month trial. Learn more about the discount.
How does Prime delivery work?
Fast, free delivery of Prime Day orders is made possible thanks to Amazon’s global transportation network, which is powered by a combination of innovative technology, transportation services, dedicated associates, and partners. Amazon continues to build, innovate, and scale this network around the world—from rail and trucks to planes, vans, and more—while focusing on the safety, well-being, and career advancement of the people and partners who work across the Journey of an Amazon Package.
From a veteran loading cargo into the belly of an Amazon Air aircraft to the driver who delivers that familiar Amazon box, it's the people and partners across the operations network who make it all possible.