EAD Reimbursement Filing
File for EAD reimbursement
Associates can access network-linked computers and get help with filing reimbursements at the AtoZ desk in their facility, or by contacting site HR.
To submit expenses through MyHR, you must first sign in to the Amazon AtoZ app or site. If you are unable to sign in, contact the Employee Resource Center (ERC) at 888-892-7180.
- How do I know if I am eligible for an EAD reimbursement?Any Amazon employee in the United States holding an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) is eligible to have their EAD and biometric fees reimbursed starting on April 25, 2022. Amazon will reimburse only the cost of filing for an EAD and the associated biometrics, if necessary. Fees paid to a lawyer for their assistance to file the EAD renewal will not be reimbursed. For more information on filing fees, please see the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.
- How can I access MyHR?You can access MyHR in the AtoZ app and on desktop.
See step-by-step instructions.
- How do I file for reimbursement using MyHR?
- Can I still use Concur to file for reimbursement?No. The use of Concur for EAD renewal fee reimbursement has been deprecated. Please use MyHR on the Amazon AtoZ app or website to file for EAD reimbursement.
- What will I need to be able to file for reimbursement?You will need to upload a copy of your form I-797C indicating that you have received a receipt notice. Please use this receipt notice as proof that you have paid your EAD and biometric fees.
- What happens if I do not have my receipt?If you do not have your receipt, you may provide a bank statement showing the transaction made to the USCIS as alternative document to justify the payment.
- Can I submit reimbursement for EAD fees incurred prior to my employment with Amazon?No, Amazon will not reimburse for fees incurred prior to the employee’s start date. Welcome Door will only reimburse for EADs incurred during the employee's term of employment.
- When can I submit reimbursement for EAD fees?You may submit your reimbursement once your application is sent to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and you have received form I-797C indicating that you have received a receipt notice. Please use this receipt notice as proof that you have paid your EAD and biometric fees.
- Can I submit reimbursements for my family members’ EAD or biometric fees?No. You are able to submit for your EAD renewal fees and your biometric fees.
- Am I able to submit for reimbursements for my past EAD renewal and biometric fees?The Welcome Door Program began on April 25, 2022. Employees are not eligible to submit for EAD renewal and biometric fees paid prior to April 25, 2022. All receipts must have a date of April 25, 2022, or later.
- Will Amazon reimburse me for my asylum application, TPS application, LPR fee, etc.?No. You are only able to submit for reimbursement for EAD and biometric fees. But note that many applications for humanitarian statuses require only a fee for the EAD and/or biometrics. These fees vary based on the specific applications. More details can be found on the USCIS website.
- Can I submit reimbursement for my medical expenses?No. You are only able to submit for reimbursement of your EAD and biometric fees.
- Is there a limit to how often I can be reimbursed for EAD and biometric fees?Most EADs are valid from one to three years. Amazon will reimburse employees each time they are required to renew their EAD.
- How do I check the status of my case?Go to the MyHR homepage and scroll down to 'My requests'. Under 'My requests' you should see a list of your Open and Closed cases.
If the case has been closed, check the email you used in the EAD Reimbursement request form to see whether it was approved or rejected. If you cannot find the email, check your spam folder.
- How long does it take to be reimbursed?Valid expenses will be paid to the employee’s designated bank account within the next 2 pay periods based on the receiving bank’s service details.
- I need help filing my application for an EAD.As part of the Welcome Door program, Amazon has created self-service guides that can walk you through how to file for your EAD.