Amazon’s annual Prime Day event offers Prime members deals on products from top national brands and third-party sellers across categories—from fashion and electronics to toys and home. Here's everything you need to know about Amazon's biggest deal event of the year.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon's annual deal event exclusively for Prime members, featuring deals on top brands and small businesses. The event came to life for customers on July 15, 2015, as a way to celebrate Prime members on Amazon's 20th birthday.
When is Prime Day?
Prime Day 2022 took place July 12-13. Learn more about the history of Prime Day.
How can I prepare to find deals on Prime Day?
If you haven't already, be sure to join Prime or start a free trial to participate. Some additional ways to prepare include:
- Get the newsletter: Sign up for the Prime Insider newsletter to keep up with the growing list of member benefits and find updates on deals and events.
- Create deal alerts for personalized recommendations: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Day event page on the Amazon app between now until Prime Day to create deal alerts. Once Prime Day arrives, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Get deal notifications from Alexa: Prime members never have to worry about missing a deal thanks to Alexa. Members can add products to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later, and then ask Alexa to notify them about the deal when it’s live or even order it on their behalf.
- Set a reminder: Prime members can tell their Alexa devices, “Remind me when Prime Day starts,” to be alerted when the two-day deals event begins.
What countries have participated in Prime Day?
In 2022, Prime Day deals were available to Prime members in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, the UK, the U.S., and for the first time ever in Poland and Sweden. Later this summer, Prime Day deals events will be held in India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates, as well as in Egypt for the first time.
What is Prime?
Prime offers the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment to more than 200 million paid members around the world. In the U.S., that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and series with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs, thousands of stations and playlists, and thousands of podcasts with Amazon Music, free games with Prime Gaming, more than 3,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, and incredible savings with Prime Day.
Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping. Prime members enjoy ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 5,000 cities and towns, free Same-Day Delivery on hundreds of thousands of items in over 90 major metropolitan areas, and free One-Day Delivery on more than 20 million items coast to coast. Prime members also receive fast, free delivery on prescriptions from Amazon Pharmacy and prescription savings at more than 60,000 participating pharmacies in the U.S. Join Prime or start a free trial.
How do you sign up for a Prime membership?
You can join Prime or start a free trial at Amazon Prime Day.
Are there discounted Prime memberships?
Amazon offers two discounted memberships to ensure people in all stages of life can experience Prime’s unparalleled value, including world-class customer service, exclusive savings, expansive selection, convenience, and quality digital entertainment.
- Discounted Prime for government assistance: Recipients of qualifying government assistance programs, including EBT and Medicaid, can enjoy all of Prime’s benefits for just $6.99 per month—half the regular cost of a Prime membership. Amazon’s discounted Prime membership also provides additional savings options, such as exclusive deals, coupons, and the ability to subscribe and save on everyday essentials like diapers. Learn more about the discount.
- Prime Student: Designed specifically for higher education students, Prime Student offers all the benefits of Prime for a discounted rate of just $7.49 per month or $69 per year. Prime Student members also enjoy exclusive perks for college life, like a free monthly Grubhub+ Student membership with unlimited delivery, six months free of LinkedIn Premium, and up to 10% off flights and hotels through StudentUniverse. College students who haven’t yet tried Prime Student can sign up for a six-month trial.
How does Prime delivery work?
Fast, free delivery of Prime Day orders is made possible thanks to Amazon’s global transportation network, which is powered by a combination of innovative technology, transportation services, dedicated associates, and partners. Amazon continues to build, innovate, and scale this network around the world—from rail and trucks to planes, vans, and more—while focusing on the safety, well-being, and career advancement of the people and partners who work across the Journey of an Amazon Package.
From a veteran loading cargo into the belly of an Amazon Air aircraft to the driver who delivers that familiar Amazon box, it's the people and partners across the operations network who make it all possible.